We are counting the days for our trip to the Milan Design Week. The Salone di Mobile is the largest largest trade fair of its kind in the world and what makes it most interesting for us is that this is the place where new trends are introduced to the public. Yet there is more then the trade fair alone. Throughout the entire city, designers, artists and creatives showcase their latest work in galleries, shops and garages.
For anyone that is interested in design, this is like heaven. We will try to visit as much as possible. From the big names in the industry to the newcomers. Jotun will be reveal three exclusive colors during the Norwegian exhibition Everything is Connected and we will be there to share them with you.
The location of this event could not be in a better city for us. We are absolute Italian food junkies so as much as the Salone is a feast for the eye, we will make sure our tummies are satisfied too.
Someone that knows the city inside out is the inspirational online influencer Linda Tol. A fellow Dutchie living in Milan and totally on top of the fashion, design and food scene. She shared a list of her go-to places with us (a big thank you!) and we would like to give you an insight of the top 5 that we don’t want to miss.
So wether you are also at the Salone or you have a love weekend Milan planned, stay tuned, we will be carefully accessing the best places in town.
- Last year we had the chance to have an amazing dinner at The Botanical Club. Due to the stunning interior and dito cocktails we will definitely visit again.
- When in Milano, eat like the Milanese. Oh yes we will because at Marghe the pizzas look mouthwatering good.
- To compensate all the pizza and pasta we are keen to enjoy a scrumptious lunch at Mantra Raw Vegan at some point in the week.
- Bar Luce apparently is a must visit. It happens to have a gorgeous Terrazzo floor that we want to step onto in person.
- Vintage clothing, nail bar and juice. Those just happen to be three of our favorite words. So a visit to Bahama Mama will be one of the first stops for us.